Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Goal that Found Me

For Christmas I got an Ipad and a I love it. It is great for reading in bed at night while Dane is sleeping and it can read to you among all kinds of other cool things. Last Sunday the RS handed out a Book of Mormon reading program to read the entire book in 40 days and come closer to Christ. The first reading assignment was very long and I thought I don't know or not if I could do it. So now 6 days into the reading, reading like mad and having the Ipad read to me while I paint (i am painting door frames) I am ahead of the game. Only 395 pages to go.
"...wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ: for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do" 2 Nephi 32:3


ps Ashleys 3 1/2 year old Dayne was at her neighbors playing with her little friend Bella. Dayne found a Bible and asked the mom, Teresa what it was.(not good) She also told Teresa that they didn't have a Bible (oops) but they did have scriptures (wonderful) and that you need to have the Holy Ghost.(so right) Bella suggested that she ask for the Holy Ghost for Christmas. (interesting) When Ashley was telling me this Dayne added that the scriptures are how Jesus talks to us. (so right)

pss Ethan reports that on his mission he read the Book of Mormon start to finish, out loud with his companion in 10 day, 53 pages a day... 3 different times. I am impressed!

1 comment:

Sally and Paul said...

go Jody!! I also like the idea of listening to it.