Thursday, January 27, 2011

I love My Life

I love being busy,especially in the winter when it is cold out and I don't have on my list yard work. My quilt store friend said that she loves my "high energy" some call it compulsive and crazy. I think I like high energy better. I have many things I am in the middle of and if you know me I don't have any unfinished projects. I went to the coolest yarn store and it was eye candy. Luscious yarns that were beautiful, soft and expensive. I want to knit socks or mittens but I need to start with something easy. I wanted to buy yarn that was $25.00 a skein but went to Hobby Lobby and got some for $2.22 and I will try yet another scarf.I am ready to finish Ashley's quilt that we worked on when she was home for the holidays and that is on the list for tomorrow. Also have been making these cute pins from fabric scraps and working on little pillow cases. My GFWC women's club makes pillows and cases for breast cancer patients and it is great way for me to use up my left over fabric. I have made 21 and working on another 22.
I have one bed that doesn't have a Christmas quilt so I am starting early and working on one that will have embroidery square in the middle then "log cabin" outside then I think with flannel snow men strips and backing, that is the plan. Now if I can just figure out how much fabric I need.

Amongst all of this I am down to 85 pages left of my Book of Mormon reading project and the best news of all I or shall I say we finally got BookSmart to download, work and I am editing my last years blog and getting it ready to print. I am so excited!!!

ps Remind me to put my paper whites in the TALL glass vase next year please.

4 comments:

{natalie} said...

i love all your projects. the yarn store looks awesome. i was going to send you a pattern to see if it was something you might want to work on for next Christmas. i still need to finish blog 2010 book.

Sally and Paul said...

Yikes, you are one busy lady!!!! So glad you are enjoying yourself!

Joan said...

I thought I was the most Christmas person I know, but I don't have Christmas bedding.....yet!

Ashley said...

I think you do Crack cocaine.... I'm just saying....