Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Wreath

Spring is suppose to be here but it keeps snowing every few days.
So I am going with this wreath to at least make the house be spring.
You will need 10+ 4 yards spools of ribbon. If you have seen my sewing room you know that wasn't a problem. However Hobby Lobby has their ribbon half off so I got just the colors I wanted and then added some of my own. Oh yes and you need a wreath, I bought a straw 14 in wreath and left the plastic wrap on.cut your ribbon into 16 inches, then 8 then 4
I did a little at a time in case I didn't use all on the spool with tacky glue, glue 4 inch loops together
since the wreath is round hot glue in a semi circle
make lots and lotsI tied ribbon for a hanger on first then hot glued the bunches on
this is how close they are but I didn't want to see any of the wreath
you could glue them on further apart and in 2's but it is very time consuming
and done
cute huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is really pleased with this project. Jody wants to sneak over to the neighbors house and replace their Christmas wreath with this spring wreath. Yes a Christmas wreath still up!

Natali, Aaron, & Boys said...

I love it! The wreath is absolutely darling!!! Just looking at it makes me happy.