Sunday, February 19, 2012

Its Me

Looks who is the new Relief Society President
(she is looking old I can only imagine what she will look like after a few years of this calling)
A few weeks ago I was visiting with the new Bishop and told him how much I loved my Primary calling and the little kids in my class.
Apparently I don't have the same control over this Bishop as I did the last Bishop. 

I am getting excited.  I have great councilors, my friend Sarah Roe who was just released from being the Primary president and Paige Chestnut a new girl that moved here from Utah this last summer.  Sue Holman is the secretary and she is the nicest person ever.
So here we go!

Oh I finished my last years blog book, 162 pages and 437 photos


I started this post back in January so thought I would add it to this post 



With the new year comes the re dedication of  re reading the Book of Mormon.  
"The Book of Mormon Made Easier" by David J Ridges gives such great insight and background information that it has really helped me in my scripture study.
I wish I had come up with this all by myself but I didn't, but I do know it to be true.
The book of Mormon is not primarily a history of ancient inhabitants of the Americas. Rather, as stated by Moroni in the title page of the Book of Mormon, it is holy scripture which bears witness of Christ and shows how the Lord deals with people. Its contents are intentionally selected to give us hope and encouragement, to warn us against evil and to continually remind us of the power of the Savior's Atonement to cleanse and heal as He invites us to return safely to Him and the Father.


2 comments:

Sally and Paul said...

I'm sure you will make a great RS Pres!! Guess Dane now gets to stay home while you are out at meetings....

{natalie} said...

you will do great!